Kid's Christmas Wish List

  • Caleb - Baseball Cap, Elmo/Curious George DVDs, 8.5 XW tennis shoes, Graco Nautilus carseat
  • Carly - 12 month onesies/basic shirts, black Mary Jane shoes (6-12month), Britax Marathon car seat cover
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

more baby update

Today was my 37 week appointment that ended up being a very LOOOOONG appointment. Everything with the placenta and fluid are the same (a good thing) but I am making more progress in other areas that made the doctor wonder if I was actually in labor today. I knew I wasn't but I have a lot of contractions so she wanted to see just how strong they are, so she sent me over the Labor and Delivery to be monitored. I stayed there for a good three hours before getting sent home, NOT in labor like I knew I wasn't. While I was hooked up to the monitor I got to see the crazy looking false labor contractions on the screen and they look pretty intense and crazy strong but don't hurt much. At one point the nurse came in and said, "you can feel that right? You just had a really long contraction that lasted like 5 minutes! I think you are labor." I laughed and told her yes I felt it but I get those all the time and am not in labor yet. Sure enough, the doctor came by and checked -- NOT in labor.

So just so we're clear - NOT in labor -- yet! But 4 cm is something....

My next appointment in Monday, but I'm hoping I won't need to keep it.. Doc seems to think I'll go this weekend but she also said that last week. Who honestly knows?

No comments: