Kid's Christmas Wish List

  • Caleb - Baseball Cap, Elmo/Curious George DVDs, 8.5 XW tennis shoes, Graco Nautilus carseat
  • Carly - 12 month onesies/basic shirts, black Mary Jane shoes (6-12month), Britax Marathon car seat cover
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Jumper

Today was my first MOPs playdate, and I met my new friend Leslie and her two kiddos at the park, then headed to Chick-fil-a for some lunch. I rarely take both kids by myself out to a restaraunt, but since there were two of us adults, it seemed easier, even though there were four kids. We took turns ordering food while the other watched the kiddos. I was on my way back to the table when I heard Carly screaming that frantic "I just pinched my finger" scream. Looked, and saw Leslie picking her up off the FLOOR, still attached to the floppy seat she was strapped to. Apparently, she pulled her foot into the high chair, and then pushed down and arched her back and went over the side, taking the whole floppy seat with her. Luckily, she somehow landed ON the floppy seat, thus breaking her fall, so other than the trauma of seeing the floor flying toward her face, she came out of it completely unscathed. Not even a scratch. You should have seen all the women jumping and reaching arms out when they saw the baby falling. It was almost comical how many people reacted, but since it is my baby, I am not laughing, only breathing thanks to God for protecting her. I put the food down on the table and grabbed her up and snuzzled and cuddled a minute then gave her a bottle, and she just went about her business. By the time she finished her bottle she was smiling and happy again.

So if we count the instances, this is the second time Carly has fallen from at least three feet up and not been hurt. This baby's guardian angel is definitely working overtime! I'll be putting in a good word for a raise when I say my prayers tonight!

Lesson learned here: Strap the stinkin' floppy seat to the stinkin' high chair!!!

No comments: