Kid's Christmas Wish List

  • Caleb - Baseball Cap, Elmo/Curious George DVDs, 8.5 XW tennis shoes, Graco Nautilus carseat
  • Carly - 12 month onesies/basic shirts, black Mary Jane shoes (6-12month), Britax Marathon car seat cover
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Worst Mom Moment Ever.

I can finally join the "moms of babies who have rolled off bed/sofa/changing table" club... yesterday Carly kicked herself off her changing table head first. I left her there for just a minunte while I visited the potty, and when I came back she was screaming but out of my sight.. I thought maybe Greg had transferred her to her bed but before I could look, I saw her wedged between the changing table and her pop up mesh hamper. I think that hamper really broke her fall because all she had was a couple of skin scrapes on her head and one small bump. We called the doctor and the nurse just told us to watch for signs of concussion. Luckily she had none and today her little bump is even gone. Close call that more moms have had than care to mention it I'm sure!!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Happens to us all and makes you feel like the worse mom of the year. I cried and cried when Natalie rolled off the bed. We both fell asleep in my bed but then she woke up and wiggled away and I didn't know it until I heard her hit the ground. I was so upset at myself... why didn't I hear her! It's a terrible feeling but I just had to go online and read a few stories of others it happened to and it made me feel a little better that we aren't alone.

He knows the plans... said...

OH, Kennedy fell off the bed when she was 8 months old. Of course I was at Brian's mom's house and she freaked out worse than I did. I'm glad Carly's ok. How's everything else in Tyler? Are you busy socialites yet? Brian is on house arrest this weekend. He has a cold and an ear infection. The dr. put him on 72 hours worth of restriction. Who thought that an adult would have an ear infection.

O'Neal (The Woman In Charge Around Here) said...

Awwww poor baby! (I mean you lol!) Kids are so tough and it hurts us emotionally more than them physically! There is no worse feeling than to think you were responsble for hurting your own baby! I sccidentally popped Ansley in the head with the car door the other day and felt HORRIBLE, she is so short, her poor head is always getting smacked! She is notorious for getting up under me when I am holding the XL laundry basket and can't see her!