Kid's Christmas Wish List

  • Caleb - Baseball Cap, Elmo/Curious George DVDs, 8.5 XW tennis shoes, Graco Nautilus carseat
  • Carly - 12 month onesies/basic shirts, black Mary Jane shoes (6-12month), Britax Marathon car seat cover
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, July 13, 2007

The coolest thing you've seen all week

Well, it's the coolest thing I've seen all week. Except for my toddler sitting still in a rocking chair. That was pretty cool.

This is a 3D ultrasound of our baby. I was amazed at how much detail there is to see at only 12 weeks. Notice how you can see the backbone, and arms and legs, and even a face profile. The little dark spot in the abdomen is the stomach bubble. The doc said it's bladder was empty at the time of the ultrasound. How she knew that is beyond me, but still very cool. You can even see a little "part" down there. Go ahead, it's okay to look! The doctor says it's undefineable at this point but it will, ahem, define itself in the next couple of weeks. I think with this technology, we might know the sex of this little alien within a month. I don't get 3Ds everytime, but I do get 2Ds which is atypical in itself. I doubt the 2D can pick up the sex until the standard 20ish weeks, though, so it's luck of the draw for me. I can wait until 20 weeks, I guess..

Oh, yeah, and the nurse laughed at the baby's skinny butt. I thought they were all skinny at this point, but apparently this one is skinny enough to be funny. They said it was a cute butt, but I need to eat more. I said, "give me drugs to calm the nausea and I'll be glad to oblige." They did, and I have. Yay!

Is this an alien? Yes, right now it is.








No comments: